Every year my family hosts a Fourth of July party at our house. It’s nothing fancy – usually just hot dogs and hamburgers on the grill, chips, and watermelon. But we look forward to it every year.
Parties at our house are always fun – but they don’t always go off without a hitch. The first year we had our party, the electricity had gone out two days before and still wasn’t back on. I’d already bought all the food (which was being stored in the refrigerators of various family members) so we decided to have the party anyway. It was hot that day – in the low nineties – and since our air conditioner wasn’t working, it was even hotter in our house. But we made the best of it and everyone had a great time.
Another year, it was raining outside and nearly all of our guests were hit by a stomach bug, and weren’t able to come to the party. Luckily, since there were so few people here, we were all able to hang out inside our small house. We played games, ate ice cream and sat indoors enjoying the air conditioning.
The main thing about Fourth of July parties at our house is that they are all about the kids. We have water balloon fights, sprinklers, swimming pools, and sometimes we even make homemade ice cream. It’s fun, laid back, and the kids have a great time every year.
This year, we’re hoping to have even more fun now that we have our bigger backyard. The kids will have more room to run and play, and the adults will be in less danger of accidentally being hit by a water balloon.
Even though we try to keep our parties relatively simple, I still like to look for fun ideas on Pinterest to really make our party stand out. These are some of my favorite Fourth of July Party pins:
1. DIY Patriotic Mason Jar Luminaries (for the love of… Approachable Modern Living)
2. Stars & Stripes–New Party Printables (Carla Schauer Designs)
3. Red, White, and Blue Rice Krispies Treats (Craft By Photo)
- M&M Flag Cake (Two Sisters Crafting)
5. Ten 4th Of July Delicious Treats (The 36th Avenue)
8. 4th of July Fun Family Ideas (LDS Parenting)
9. 4th of July Scavenger Hunt For Kids (Mortiz Fine Designs)
10. Fourth of July Treats, Printables and Decor (The Idea Room)
You can find all of these pins (and more) on my Fourth of July Pinterest board, or click the links to go directly to each website.