The links in this post contain affiliate links and I will receive a small commission if you make a purchase after clicking on my link.
My husband is a financial planner and when it comes to money – whether it is spending, budgeting or saving – he is really on top of things. And I’m thankful for that, because if it were up to me, I’d have all the credit cards at all the stores, and I’d go shopping everyday.
Up until last year, we only had one credit card. Yes, you read that right, one card. We used it for purchasing things like gas, Christmas and birthday gifts, and for household expenses. Like most people, we are constantly being offered credit cards from various stores, credit card companies and even local banks. But we have never accepted any of the offers, until we found out about the Target REDcard.
We do a lot of shopping at Target. (In fact, I was just there this morning picking up a few last minute Easter gifts for The Goose). And when we found out that you would save 5% off every purchase that we made on the Target REDcard, we were sold.
Here are some of the reason why I love having a Target REDcard:
- 5% off every day
- Free shipping at Target.com – with no minimum purchase!
- Extended returns – you get an extra 30 days to return items you don’t want. Plus, you don’t even need the receipt. Just show them your Target REDcard and they can look the purchase up on the register!
- You can make a payment at any Target store -or-
- You can make payments online when you register your card on the Target website. (You can also check your credit card account balance, make a payment, review past statements, check your debit card transaction history and manage your PIN).
- I use my Target REDcard to help The Goose’s school. Each time I make a purchase, online on in the store, Target donates 1% to his school.
Besides using the Target REDcard, I also use Target Cartwheel to save even more money when I shop. Cartwheel is basically a mobile coupon service that allows you to save money on certain items throughout the store. (Just this morning I saved 20% on Easter Candy, and 5% on a few grocery items – in addition to what I saved by using my Target REDcard).
If you shop at Target, but don’t have a Target REDcard, I suggest you check it out. (Click here for more information or to sign up).